Planning to release an EP, single, or album and you are thinking you have got everything covered?
Below are a few details we would like you to go over before you drop that hit song!
1. Your Song Must Be Clear, Mixed And Professionally Mastered.
This is 2020! No one would vibe to your song if it is poorly mastered. Back in the days, before digital, mastering was all about duplication.
Today, digital recording is the standard, mastering has evolved into fine-tuning how your music sounds.
If you still doubt if your song is properly mastered. STOP! Get a professional to master your song.
2. Select a Future Release Date And Plan Towards it!
(14 DAYS AHEAD)
So if I asked you, as a fan, when is your song dropping and what plans do you have towards its release? What is your answer? If you are blank at this point, here is a list of things you need to start doing!
- Write down and document your launch plan. Just like any business venture, your plans have to be written and properly crafted.
- Digital marketing is your biggest tool! Start creating anticipation for that song.
- Start creating a useful relationship with Bloggers, O.A.Ps, Event Planners, MCs, Deejay, Producers, and other people that could help create anticipation for your new song.
- Set a unique release date for your song. But must be 14 days or more before the release date to enable your song feature on top streaming playlists worldwide. Publicize the release date across all media channels.
3. Get Your Song Playlist Pitched.
Start submitting your song to global and local playlisters. Ideally, to increase the chances of your song getting playlisted on popular platforms like iTunes, Spotify, Deezer, MePlaylist, Boomplay etc. most playlisters would want your song submitted at least 14 days before the release date of your song.
Uploading your song on TuneAfrique allows you to seamlessly plan your release and playlist your song to as many DSPs as possible.
4. Ensure Your Song Is Distributed On All Platforms.
iTunes, Spotify, Deezer, MePlaylist, SoundCloud, Pandora, Amazon Music, Boomplay, Youtube, Tidal...
You want your song to gain quick popularity and become the rave of the moment? You need to distribute your song on popular music platforms so fans can discover your song.
TuneAfrique is the easiest and most efficient Do-It-Your-Self platform that helps thousands of artists like you, manage distribution and marketing of their songs on popular global streaming and download platforms. Sign up now to get started.
5. Create cool artwork, landing page and photos for your release.
Generate massive anticipation for your new release by creating cool artwork, landing page and photos for your new release.
Make sure you share photos, videos, and artworks across different media channels.
6. Engage! Engage! Engage
Make it a goal to get at least 1 million impressions for your release. Post regularly, invite friends to like, re-post and share your pre-release as much as possible. Make a post on a trending topic, just make sure all your pages are active.
TuneAfrique offers thousand of Artists opportunities to distribute and monetize their music using various tools like playlist pitching, blogging, live performance, social media marketing, smart song links, radio airplays and more
Best of luck with your music career!
Posted by Akinwumi