When you create an account with us, some of your profile information may be viewable by the public or other registered users. To see what information is available to other users and update your information, visit your Profile page on the Services.
Information You Provide – We and our service providers may collect any information that you provide when you use the Services, including when you create a TuneAfrique account, post a job, post a song, review a song, provide us with account or payment information, participate in our message boards or forums, contact us via the Services, or otherwise interact with the Services.
The information that you provide us may include, but is not limited to, a) your name, address, contact information, username, email address, password, and other registration information; b) transaction-related information, such as payment or account information, licensing information, or information about when you make purchases or respond to offers; c) the content of the songs you post; d) information about co-owners of the songs you post, such as their names, addresses, and contact information, e) the tags you associate with songs; and f) any feedback you provide about songs or other users.
Information We Collect Automatically – We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the Services. That information may include, but is not limited to, a) your Internet Protocol address, b) your browser type, your operating system, c) the pages or content you view or listen to on the Services, d) the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Services, e) unique identifiers associated with the devices you use to access the Services, f) the search terms you enter on the Services, g) the URL that referred you to the Services, and h) standard weblog information.
Information from Other Sources – We may collect information from third-party sources and combine it with the information described above. That information may include, but is not limited to, demographic information, information from performance rights organizations, and additional contact information.
We, our affiliates, subsidiaries, and service providers may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
· providing you with products, services, or information you request;
· facilitating transactions between us, you, and other users;
· providing you with information about the Services;
· contacting you with notices that we are required by law to send;
· delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you, including the delivery of targeted advertisements that are based on your previous activities on the Services and other websites or applications (e.g., if you access a certain song on our Services, you may receive an online advertisement for that song or a related product or service on the Services or other websites);
· personalizing the Services based on your interests, such as by providing interactive or tailored content on the Services based on the songs you have purchased or the content you have accessed;
· posting your activities to your social media accounts, subject to your consent;
· improving the Services, such as by learning how our users interact with the Services or better tailoring our content to users’ needs and preferences;
· generating and analysing statistics about how people use the Services;
· helping advertisers and sponsors better understand our users; and
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Services or elsewhere for any of these purposes, including delivering targeted advertisements that are based on your previous online activity on the Services and on other websites.
We may share the information we collect from you with various parties, including, but not limited to:
· with our affiliates and subsidiaries;
· with other users as needed to facilitate transactions;
· with other users that view your profile page;
· with service providers that work on our behalf and that have agreed to use the information solely in furtherance of our operations, including, but not limited to, service providers that provide order and payment processing services; deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you; analyse how people use the Services; or host our Services;
· with business partners that may deliver marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements that may be of interest to you;
· with companies such as online network advertisers that may automatically collect or receive information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the Services, in order to facilitate the delivery of marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements, including targeted advertising for our or others’ products and services on our Services and on third-party sites and applications;
· with marketing partners or others for joint or co-branded promotions;
· to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting or other legal obligations;
· with affiliates, service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent we deem reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, or similar transaction.
You may also be able to share information about your activities on TuneAfrique with social media platforms, MePlaylist, and other third-party services.
In addition, we may share de-identified reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, as well as de-identified information, with third parties.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or other content. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by third parties that are not under our control. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website, service, and application you use.
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure; we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
If your contact information changes or if you wish to inquire about the information we have collected about you, please submit a request at the contact information listed below. You may “opt-out” of receiving marketing emails by using the unsubscribe feature included in the emails or, if available, registering your preferences on your Profile page.
Upon request, TuneAfrique will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. You can update or correct Personal Information (e.g., your email address) by accessing your account. You can also access or rectify your information by reaching out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can delete your information by sending an email to email@example.com with your first name, last name, and the respective email addresses you would like for us to delete. To opt-out of receiving our newsletters or marketing emails, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions included in the emails communications you receive, access the email preferences in your account settings page, or contact us at the above email address. Please note that we have the right to reject deletion requests that are unduly burdensome or repetitive or that cannot be honored in light of legal obligations or ongoing disputes, or where retention is necessary to enforce our agreements or protect our or another party’s rights, property, safety, or security.
If you are located in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you may have the right to exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
The Services are not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at the contact information listed below.